We provide Invisalign® in London, ON and we are certified to do so. Invisalign® is the promising option for those who want to align their teeth and improve their smile but don’t think they can handle metal braces. Traditional options are often bulky, unpleasant-looking contraptions that contain at least some amount of metal. Invisalign®, on the other hand, uses a series of 3D printed plastic tooth trays made from advanced materials like polymetallic thermoplastics or even ceramic in order to provide patients with an effective alignment system without any pain–which means less visits too!
Invisalign® is a game-changer in the world of orthodontics. Unlike metal braces, aligning trays are not visible and can be temporarily removed for special occasions; making Invisalign treatment perfect for adults who want to maintain their appearance while getting straighter teeth without dental hardware on display! During your consultation with one of our dentists, they will make sure you have all of the information necessary to decide whether or not this type of procedure will work best for you.
WHAT TYPES OF ISSUES DOES INVISALIGN® HELP WITH?
If you’re looking for a more discreet option to straighten your teeth, then Invisalign® can be the perfect choice. The only difference between them and metal braces is that they are nearly invisible! You also have the ability to take out trays if it becomes too difficult with certain foods or drinks.If you’re looking for a more discreet option to straighten your teeth, then Invisalign® can be the perfect choice. The only difference between them and metal braces is that they are nearly invisible! You also have the ability to take out trays if it becomes too difficult with certain foods or drinks.
Both of these treatments correct some common dental issues like gaps in teeth or crooked jaws. Below is a list of common issues that can be resolved with Invisalign®:
- Overcrowding: There are many physical side effects of overcrowding, such as an increased risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Crowded teeth can also make chewing difficult.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Large (or even smaller gaps) between teeth can often push us to feel less confident about ourselves and our smiles. They can also cause other issues over the long-term if not treated early on.
- Crossbite: Crossbite is a dental issue that causes uneven wear on your teeth and can lead to gum disease, bone erosion, or even tooth loss. This happens when the upper teeth bite inside of lower ones.
- Overbite: If you have an overbite, your upper teeth will be in front of and overlap with the lower ones. If a severe overbite goes uncorrected, it can lead to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), which can become painful.
- Underbite: A condition known as underbite, the inverse of an overbite where your lower teeth overlap with upper teeth. The jaw can be painful and cause TMJ when this goes uncorrected for too long.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN INVISALIGN® TREATMENT?
Before beginning the process of creating your aligning trays, a dentist will take 3D images of your entire jaw to get an idea for how they want you to look. These pictures allow them to see and move specific teeth before taking measurements in order to find out what it might be like when treatment is finished. They also view the image from different angles so as not to miss anything or make any mistakes with their plan. This helps ensure that there are no surprises with the outcomes of the process! Once all this planning is done, they’ll create custom-made aligners just for you which should help straighten up those crooked chompers!